• Last update: Apr 25, 2011 - 6:03

ReportTeam UvumiTeam Uvumi

Teamuvumi's picture
  • Founded: March 2009
  • Location: Austin, Texas, United States of America

Members

We're the team behind Uvumi.com! This will be our new home for hosting discussions about improving Uvumi and to collect suggestions and comments from the members of the community.

There are two great ways to keep up to date with our updates: You can become a fan of this "band", and/or subscribe to the Team Uvumi Blog RSS feed.

• Yardbird's picture
    Don't know if you pay attention to such things
    Left by Yardbird, on Feb 22, 2010 - 16:43
    but you've entered the top 100K of US web sites (#96,956) according to alexa (http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/uvumi.com). You're even bigger in Italy (#80,695). Congratulations! And thanks again.
  • Left by Jon Hecox, on Feb 20, 2010 - 15:22
    Thanks for the help Oliver! I'll just keep watch on my dash. And the email notifications work fine for me since I check it every day... 90% of the time just for Uvumi =)

Funny that folks thought that was a rocket icon. There is indeed a door lol

Thanks again!
  • Kudos!.. and a suggestion.
    Left by Jon Hecox, on Feb 20, 2010 - 12:28
    First, whatever you guys (and gals) did that fixed the Google Chrome comment popup problem I was having, I want to THANK YOU so much. Now, I don't have to switch between two browsers all the time ;)

Also, I had a suggestion - and I'm sorry if I've already brought this up, I can't remember. But It would be SUCH A GREAT FEATURE to have a link that would show a single artist's song position(s) in the charts - all in one group so they wouldn't need to scavenge through long lists looking for their own songs.

I do appreciate the email notifications that show what songs of mine are in the charts, and what position - I just think it'd be great to have a link on the page that would bring those up (without any others)... I probably sound pretty selfish or vain writing this, but I think it'd be a great feature!

As always, you're doing such a GREAT JOB updated the site with new features and fixes... that's actually what gave me the guts to suggest the above. ;)

thank you!
    Jon
    • olivier's picture
      Left by olivier, on Feb 20, 2010 - 15:04
      I think what you ask for already exists. When you go to your dash, if you have any song in any chart, it should be one of the first things listed here. Your dash sums everything that is new for you in one place: new songs in charts, friend requests, new messages and recent updates from your network. You can quickly access it by clicking the icon shaped like a house (no it's not a rocket, can't you see the door?) under the player.
      But it's true, we could put in in more places, like one the main songs page or on each individual song page. there is just so much room for improvement
  • Digdug's picture
    Spam
    Left by Digdug, on Feb 18, 2010 - 14:23
    Guys, we're having a bit of a discussion about spamming on the Beat Geeks' messageboard. Thought you might want to take a look as it seems to me it's something that could be combatted via the new groups design.
  • Mario Strack's picture
    May sound commercial, but..
    Left by Mario Strack, on Feb 15, 2010 - 10:42
    ..how about buy music links?
    I know some people put these in the bio/description or in the caption of a picture but I'd prefere a box like the one for contact links.
    Some affiliation with Amazon etc. could be interesting for you too.
    • Mario Strack's picture
      Left by Mario Strack, on Mar 3, 2010 - 10:42
      ..nobody interested as it seems.
      Now my question: is it O.K. to put links to Amazon, iTunes etc. on Songs / Album pages?
      • Left by Marshall Stokes, on Mar 3, 2010 - 10:55
        Hey Mario, sorry, for responding, we have a lot of comments/emails/requests coming in and sometimes a few of them get lost in the frenzy.

We would love to integrate some sort of sales platform in the future, even if it's just directly tying into amazon/itunes/whatever, but for now we aren't prepared to do that, and we definitely encourage artists to place links/buttons on profile and song/album pages to help fans find and purchase downloadable tracks or CDs/merch.

So, go for it! We stand by our mission, to empower artists, promote widespread creation and consumption of art, and add value to the artistic community. Therefore, we strongly encourage artists to make use of the Uvumi platform to help them promote their work and succeed!
      • Mario Strack's picture
        Left by Mario Strack, on Mar 3, 2010 - 11:09
        Hey Marshall, thanks for pointing this out!
    Nice Site!
    Left by Unregistered User, on Feb 9, 2010 - 14:20
    Really starting to like this site. It has more features perhaps than I may use, which is nice. I'd rather have more options than not enough....
    Great work team!
    Maceman
  • Digdug's picture
    Left by Digdug, on Feb 9, 2010 - 10:33
    Hi guys, sorry to trouble with a pesky q, I just wondered if there's any way to add a song that's currently playing in the player to a playlist, without moving from the current page?

If not, it might be a nice feature to add to the 'wish list'?
    • olivier's picture
      Left by olivier, on Feb 9, 2010 - 10:55
      no, not yet. We got that request a lot, we will definitely add it. Just need to squeeze a button for it somewhere in the player. There is also a couple more feature to add to the player, like a "recommend to friend" button, so we'll probably do it at the same time. The lower part of the player, when you expend it, is a messy right now, we'll probably rearrange a bit and add those buttons here
      • Digdug's picture
        Left by Digdug, on Feb 9, 2010 - 12:16
        well I'm glad it's not just me being fussy ! The new souped-up player will be a great addition, I will wait patiently :-)
  • Chas Connolly's picture
    Just thanks!
    Left by Chas Connolly, on Feb 9, 2010 - 0:29
    I'd just like to say thanks, again, for this great site and all the work you guys are putting in on the updates.
    Really enjoying the music!
  • Yardbird's picture
    Just wanted to join the chorus
    Left by Yardbird, on Feb 7, 2010 - 13:50
    of former denizens of that other site who have thanked you. Marshall hit the nail on the head when he asked "Why should you have to stay on one page to hear the music you want to hear? Why do so many sites insist on controlling your experience and limiting what you can do online?" EXACTLY! So thanks for access to the music, & for keeping us so well informed via the blog.
  • Ah
    Left by Jon Hecox, on Feb 6, 2010 - 18:40
    Sorry, I guess it did upload, it just took a little longer than I was used to. Sorry for the false alarm! =)

And, also, sorry if by accidently uploading it more than once, it made extra work for the system here. I'm hoping that's not the case, but if so, sorry! I'll be more patient from now on.
  • «  1  2  3  4  »