ReportOren LavieOren Lavie

• Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
  • Label: quarter past wonderful

Members

• Mike Savage Artist Management

Oren Lavie is a songwriter, singer, and author of funny books for sad children. He has long curly hair, green eyes, and suspiciously cold feet. He was born in 1976, two minutes behind schedule, and has been trying to catch up ever since.

The Opposite Side of The Sea, Oren's debut album, was released on his label, A Quarter Past Wonderful.

His music video for the track "Her Morning Elegance" has become an international sensation with over 10 million hits on YouTube to date, breaking YouTube's most highly rated video record.

"Her Morning Elegance" was also featured in a Chevrolet TV commercial. The surprised songwriter, who has never owned a car, and who has lovingly ignored the invention of the Television, could not stop giggling for days. With a song in his heart he continues to take the bus.

Oren's song, "A Dance 'Round The Memory Tree", was featured in the Disney movie, "The Narnia Chronicles: Prince Caspian", which was a huge international flop.

In November 2009, Oren was announced the winner of the ASCAP Foundation Award for Best Lyricist.

He is currently working on a new book for children, a new album, and a new haircut.

• Oren Lavie Oren Lavie
  • Photo by Georg Roske Photo by Georg Roske
  • Oren Lavie Oren Lavie
  • "Her Morning Elegance" walking sequence "Her Morning Eleganc...

• ThomasAD3's picture
    YAY!
    Left by ThomasAD3, on Jan 25, 2010 - 17:52
    So glad to see you here!
    Left by Unregistered User, on Jan 25, 2010 - 17:42
    You just made my day! OH HAPPINESS JOY!! After spending a long weekend feeling like I lost my neighborhood, I finally am feeling back home again! Thank you for re-joining us over here.
      Left by Unregistered User, on Jan 25, 2010 - 17:43
      Also the video for Her Morning Elegance is PERFECT. When I hear the song, the video plays in my head :)
  • Raine's picture
    Hello!
    Left by Raine, on Jan 25, 2010 - 17:41
    The other night I was listening to Ruby Rises on t61 as I was clearing out my playlists......I'm sooooo glad you have joined this site. Your music is FAB!
  • Left by Rafael, on Jan 25, 2010 - 17:24
    Oh I'm gonna love this! Thanks so much for joining! :)
  • Pennylane246's picture
    Left by Pennylane246, on Jan 25, 2010 - 17:09
    Yes yes yes yes!!!!!! Woohoo, so glad you came on over!!
  • «  1  2