• Last update: Jul 11, 2020 - 18:12
  • Videos: 23

Styles

Skills

Reportolivierolivier

Olivier's picture
  • Location: Bruxelles, Belgium

Ok so I'm Olivier and I work on Uvumi as a developer. I'm from France. Like any european, I speak 7 languages fluently. I lived in the US for 3 or 4 years, depends if you count the semesters at the university. I spent most of the time in Humboldt county, California. Then last year I moved to Austin, Texas, from hippies to hipsters. But I only stayed there for 8 months, I moved back to france in november 2009.
Now I work as a freelance fulltime 3d artist, just wanted to try something different. I'm still involved in Uvumi, now it's more "when I have time", but the flow of new members definitely motivates me to find this time.

I'm no musician. I tried to play the bass once but I sucked real bad. I was trying to learn with tabs, not the right way. I still own a nice fender with a custom paint-job. I'm going to hang it above the toilet seat in my new apartment, it will look cool.
I'm better at drawing, painting, sculpting. I almost became a comicbook artist at one point but I went to university instead where I learned computer stuff.

-------

Updating my top 5. Mostly already popular stuff

Josh and the Empty Pockets Josh and the Empty

Shael Riley and the Double Ice Backfire Shael Riley and the Double Ice Backfire

Tetrastar Tetrastar

Quiet Company Quiet Company

The Nova Echo The Nova Echo

• sad sad
  • woohoo woohoo
    (1 comment)
  • videur videur
  • milhouse milhouse

• October Skye's picture
    Left by October Skye, on Jan 28, 2010 - 12:48
    Just wanted to come by again and say thank you for all you're doing to accommodate us. :)
    • olivier's picture
      Left by olivier, on Jan 28, 2010 - 12:50
      hey I've spent two years building that thing, I'm not going to let it fall apart now that people are finally using it
  • KamiKatze's picture
    Left by KamiKatze, on Jan 28, 2010 - 6:34
    thanx for becoming a :M:O:N:O Fan! Meow...
  • Pete Johnson's picture
    Left by Pete Johnson, on Jan 27, 2010 - 18:47
    I'm glad I kept up to speed with what was happening at T61 via facebook. I tried Sterofame a few years back and it sucked. So safe to say uvumi was the place I could see that most of our listeners would migrate too. You have a great site here and have a feeling your new influx of listeners will show this site and it's artists much love.
    So keep up the good work...
    Oh and FFS don't go filling your site with full screen pics of artists with any changes that you make to the site in the future :-)
    Promise I'll do my best to find you a girlfriend ;)
    Left by Unregistered User, on Jan 27, 2010 - 14:41
    So long as you make me a quiche :P
    And thanks for the site, it's a pleasant surprise to find one so quick
  • toriviruette's picture
    Left by toriviruette, on Jan 27, 2010 - 12:13
    Thanks for giving us (former t61ers) a new home - I'm liking it here very much. I particularly appreciate how accessible you and Marshall are. oh yeah, I enjoyed reading your bio :)
  • Great site
    Left by Alchemorph Soundtracks, on Jan 27, 2010 - 9:13
    Really liking the site and the community feel. Heard about it through the demise of T61... It seems to have everything T61 had and more. Just wondering about how easy it is for users to find your music though...
  • Shael Riley's picture
    Left by Shael Riley, on Jan 26, 2010 - 20:02
    Thanks for answering my questions.
  • Left by Capo Productions, on Jan 26, 2010 - 18:10
    Hi,
    Great site!
    I was wondering if there was a chance to get higher quality streams, seems like the tracks I upload are being down sampled to lower quality...
    Thanks
    • I'll field this one, if you don't mind
      Left by Marshall Stokes, on Jan 26, 2010 - 20:12
      We chose to convert down to 96kbps MP3s for the streaming service, mostly because it was the lowest we thought we could go before it started to sound really, really bad. We have to keep it low because, well, we're broke, and we gotta pay for that bandwidth! No worries, we're working on a very realistic revenue model and hope to get that going very soon (look for updates and announcements on the Team Uvumi Blog).

If/when the time comes that we can afford more bandwidth and disk space, we will consider reconverting the entire music library to a higher bitrate (yes, we can do that, because we keep a high quality version of each song for exactly this purpose, and also for those artists who allow their songs to be downloaded).

So, hang tight, support the community, and we promise it will get better as we grow and expand.... thanks!
    • olivier's picture
      Left by olivier, on Jan 27, 2010 - 0:21
      Just wanted to add that when an artist allows a song to be downloaded, the downloadable version is higher quality. I think it's 192 or 256 kbps, not sure
  • I am having a gret time so far
    Left by Davy Hamburgers, on Jan 26, 2010 - 17:12
    I was curious, I am in a few different bands, I tagged my singer songwriter account with reggae becasue I play some reggae songs, but it tagged the first two singer songwriter songs with reggae, is their a way to remove a tag from a song? people would understandably not think they were very good reggae songs. haha. more of an idle thought than anything! cheers
    • olivier's picture
      Left by olivier, on Jan 27, 2010 - 0:16
      yes, to remove the tags, load the song in the player and just submit nothing. Everytime you submit tags, whatever you submit replaces what you had submitted before. So if you want to add a new tag, you must submit old tags + new tags, separating the tags with a comma. The player will automatically load your previous tags anyway. So to remove a tag, just remove it from the input and submit. Same thing to remove them all, submit nothing.

It just tags songs automatically with your default tags to avoid to have songs with no tag at all. We just assumed the song's genre would match the autor's in most case. Also, if you set the "genre" in itune or whatever you use to manage your music on your computer, we try to extract that info and make it a tag.
  • ilikefish:)'s picture
    Left by ilikefish:), on Jan 26, 2010 - 14:18
    Me too. And sashimi with wasabi. yum.
    Cool site you got here. Just settling in. :)
  • «  1  2  3  4  5  6  »