• Last update: Nov 29, 2010 - 18:51

ReportMusicMissionaryMusicMissionary

Musicmissionary's picture
  • Location: Cedar Park, Texas, United States of America

As my nickname suggests, music is very important to me. I don't make my own music (I wish), but I love it intensely. I'm always playing something. It's like my life has a soundtrack. I have worked in community journalism, writing for small town newspapers for most of my adult life, but music has always been my biggest obsession.

I am extremely eclectic. I have some favorite genres and some not-so-favorite genres, but anything could potentially become my new favorite song. I especially love discovering music. I've gone to South By Southwest in Austin several times, I search the Internet and buy used CDs from thrift stores. Whatever it takes. And when I find something new, I can't keep it to myself. I must pass it along. I love helping someone find their new favorite song and helping a song find its audience.

I invite you to check out my blog, which I use to promote music I like and get opinionated from time to time.

My blog can be found at http://musicmissionary.wordpress.com.

• flower dog flower dog
  • scary icicle scary icicle
    (4 comments)

You must be MusicMissionary's friend to leave a comment. If you are a friend of MusicMissionary, please login.

• MusicMissionary's picture
    My best find on umuvi so far
    Left by MusicMissionary, on Jan 25, 2010 - 9:36
    Make sure to check out Andy Bianculli. I really like his songs. I don't think he was on T61. If he was I didn't find him. Very nice music. I would call some of it dream pop. You'll probably like it if you like State Shirt.
    Hey
    Left by Unregistered User, on Jan 24, 2010 - 23:24
    Hi there, good to see you here as well.
  • Left by Justin Le, on Jan 24, 2010 - 21:37
    *symbolic radio bump*
    • MusicMissionary's picture
      Left by MusicMissionary, on Jan 24, 2010 - 21:54
      Ha, thanks. Not much radio to bump yet. Still trying to figure this thing out.
  • We can rebuild it
    Left by worldblee, on Jan 24, 2010 - 21:16
    Stronger...better...faster.
  • Shaina's picture
    Hi there!
    Left by Shaina, on Jan 24, 2010 - 18:49
    Hopefully! I'm looking forward to this site getting a group feature...looks like it's in the works! http://uvumi.com/viewcomment/profile/772
    • MusicMissionary's picture
      Left by MusicMissionary, on Jan 24, 2010 - 19:15
      I'm just so excited they will answer you when you need help with something unlike those other jerks.
  • laurie's picture
    Left by laurie, on Jan 24, 2010 - 16:16
    success!
    • MusicMissionary's picture
      Yep. Took me forever, thanks.
      Left by MusicMissionary, on Jan 24, 2010 - 16:23
      What do you think of this site so far? It's small, but shows potential. They're about to go through some growing pains because of us I think.
  • «  1  ... 3  4  5  6  7