• Last update: Nov 29, 2010 - 18:51

ReportMusicMissionaryMusicMissionary

Musicmissionary's picture
  • Location: Cedar Park, Texas, United States of America

As my nickname suggests, music is very important to me. I don't make my own music (I wish), but I love it intensely. I'm always playing something. It's like my life has a soundtrack. I have worked in community journalism, writing for small town newspapers for most of my adult life, but music has always been my biggest obsession.

I am extremely eclectic. I have some favorite genres and some not-so-favorite genres, but anything could potentially become my new favorite song. I especially love discovering music. I've gone to South By Southwest in Austin several times, I search the Internet and buy used CDs from thrift stores. Whatever it takes. And when I find something new, I can't keep it to myself. I must pass it along. I love helping someone find their new favorite song and helping a song find its audience.

I invite you to check out my blog, which I use to promote music I like and get opinionated from time to time.

My blog can be found at http://musicmissionary.wordpress.com.

• scary icicle scary icicle
    (4 comments)
  • flower dog flower dog

You must be MusicMissionary's friend to leave a comment. If you are a friend of MusicMissionary, please login.

• woodjean's picture
    Left by woodjean, on Jan 30, 2010 - 9:43
  • woodjean's picture
    Try
    Left by woodjean, on Jan 30, 2010 - 7:39
    Try Ricky Stein. I think he's great!
  • Left by Richard John, on Jan 30, 2010 - 6:41
    Check out 'What You're Looking For'- A really nice tune by Brant Phillip.
    Really impressed with the playlist features on here....
  • You're being Followed...
    Left by Unregistered User, on Jan 29, 2010 - 19:23
    I'm finding your favorites list to be an excellent source of new music. Already found Jordan Reyne and Language Room :D
    • MusicMissionary's picture
      Thanks
      Left by MusicMissionary, on Jan 29, 2010 - 20:22
      I've barely had time to get started yet. Just now figuring out how playlists work over here.
  • Mojo's picture
    Hiiiiiiiiiiiss!!!
    Left by Mojo, on Jan 29, 2010 - 10:16
    Mrrrrrrr mrrreow mgrgrgkrgkrkggrrrr !!!
  • Calikka's picture
    Left by Calikka, on Jan 28, 2010 - 10:05
    Whew! Made it... Thanks for all the direction and support over at the fb page!
  • Yes - good stuff!
    Left by Richard John, on Jan 28, 2010 - 1:15
    All going well. I've also spoken with Jaybee, and told him of uvumi and messaged Mr Fusty, but havn't heard anything back yet - good to see them both here.
  • woodjean's picture
    Hey
    Left by woodjean, on Jan 27, 2010 - 18:51
    When you get a chance check out Larissa Ness. I really like her.
  • woodjean's picture
    BTW
    Left by woodjean, on Jan 27, 2010 - 9:06
    are you gonna make a list of underheard gems for us?
  • woodjean's picture
    pickering Pick
    Left by woodjean, on Jan 27, 2010 - 9:01
    Have you heard Pickering Pick's song 61 ways? It's great! I finding lots of artists and listeners but there a quite a number of artists I can't find. For instance, Jack Savoretti, Sarah Jaroz, Carrie Rodriguez. Do you have any suggestions on how we can get them to come here. For for that matter an easy way to find them?
  • «  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  »