• Last update: Nov 29, 2010 - 18:51

ReportMusicMissionaryMusicMissionary

Musicmissionary's picture
  • Location: Cedar Park, Texas, United States of America

As my nickname suggests, music is very important to me. I don't make my own music (I wish), but I love it intensely. I'm always playing something. It's like my life has a soundtrack. I have worked in community journalism, writing for small town newspapers for most of my adult life, but music has always been my biggest obsession.

I am extremely eclectic. I have some favorite genres and some not-so-favorite genres, but anything could potentially become my new favorite song. I especially love discovering music. I've gone to South By Southwest in Austin several times, I search the Internet and buy used CDs from thrift stores. Whatever it takes. And when I find something new, I can't keep it to myself. I must pass it along. I love helping someone find their new favorite song and helping a song find its audience.

I invite you to check out my blog, which I use to promote music I like and get opinionated from time to time.

My blog can be found at http://musicmissionary.wordpress.com.

• scary icicle scary icicle
    (4 comments)
  • flower dog flower dog

You must be MusicMissionary's friend to leave a comment. If you are a friend of MusicMissionary, please login.

• WeekendGamer's picture
    Left by WeekendGamer, on Feb 16, 2010 - 17:48
    Still going, still going. I'm currently steamrolling through the entire music collection starting from day one. (Still hoping for a random song feature) Found some neat stuff already. There is this french horn player who plays stuff from the star wars soundtrack. Pretty notable. I'll hook you up with a link.
  • woodjean's picture
    Left by woodjean, on Feb 14, 2010 - 18:33
    Try Emorej The World is A Groovy Place. Bet you'll like it.
  • The Hard To Get
    Left by Richard John, on Feb 9, 2010 - 14:06
    Really impressed by these folks:
  • woodjean's picture
    combo
    Left by woodjean, on Feb 9, 2010 - 4:05
    Bet you'll like this one... http://uvumi.com/#drlevine/comments/first
    Left by marcog, on Feb 8, 2010 - 8:42
    for the blog MusicMissionary, awesome :)
  • woodjean's picture
    Left by woodjean, on Feb 7, 2010 - 20:18
  • Enigmattack's picture
    sphinx Enigma
    Left by Enigmattack, on Feb 7, 2010 - 15:01
    for my first travel the kingdom, I went to South,thenI visited West and now I am staying in the heart of partof East.In the contruary, I never went to North. Who am I? hehe^^
    • MusicMissionary's picture
      Left by MusicMissionary, on Feb 7, 2010 - 15:17
      Great, a riddle with directions. Just spent the afternoon getting lost in downtown Austin. I'm directionally challenged.
  • woodjean's picture
    Left by woodjean, on Feb 7, 2010 - 12:22
    try Thomas Jones
  • Hi
    Left by Richard John, on Feb 7, 2010 - 9:49
    Been away a few days - looking forward to catching up on your blog entries.
    I'm uploading 'A Day Like any Other' next week, then it'll be some new stuff!
  • Till dig = For you
    Left by stone, on Feb 7, 2010 - 7:30
    Thanks for the comment, i means a lot for me. Till dig means for you and that's what music is to me.
    Cheers