• Last update: Nov 29, 2010 - 18:51

ReportMusicMissionaryMusicMissionary

Musicmissionary's picture
  • Location: Cedar Park, Texas, United States of America

As my nickname suggests, music is very important to me. I don't make my own music (I wish), but I love it intensely. I'm always playing something. It's like my life has a soundtrack. I have worked in community journalism, writing for small town newspapers for most of my adult life, but music has always been my biggest obsession.

I am extremely eclectic. I have some favorite genres and some not-so-favorite genres, but anything could potentially become my new favorite song. I especially love discovering music. I've gone to South By Southwest in Austin several times, I search the Internet and buy used CDs from thrift stores. Whatever it takes. And when I find something new, I can't keep it to myself. I must pass it along. I love helping someone find their new favorite song and helping a song find its audience.

I invite you to check out my blog, which I use to promote music I like and get opinionated from time to time.

My blog can be found at http://musicmissionary.wordpress.com.

• flower dog flower dog
  • scary icicle scary icicle
    (4 comments)

You must be MusicMissionary's friend to leave a comment. If you are a friend of MusicMissionary, please login.

• Duke Of Prunes's picture
    All For Love
    Left by Duke Of Prunes, on Feb 24, 2010 - 23:49
    hi missionary, we have a new song up ! hope you like it, it's very cinematic !
    best
    FG - sheloom
    ps did you see the video documentary ?
  • MusicMissionary's picture
    Psychic Stunts are here!
    Left by MusicMissionary, on Feb 24, 2010 - 17:50
    I asked them to come to Uvumi and they did it. I'm stoked!
  • Suiko Takahara's picture
    Left by Suiko Takahara, on Feb 24, 2010 - 3:20
    In process of uploading everything to Bandcamp.

thevenopiansolitude.bandcamp.com

Just finished uploading cover songs, and on my way to upload others.

will be away until Sunday.
  • MusicMissionary's picture
    Left by MusicMissionary, on Feb 23, 2010 - 7:45
    That's still something I can't answer. Does Bandcamp have any kind of decent support? If not, talk to some other people who are using Bandcamp. Lots of Uvumi artists are. Laudanum Forest just for starters.
  • Suiko Takahara's picture
    Question.
    Left by Suiko Takahara, on Feb 23, 2010 - 4:51
    I've converted my files to .wav, but i can't edit the songs' information.

Is that normal?
    • MusicMissionary's picture
      Left by MusicMissionary, on Feb 23, 2010 - 6:34
      On this site? That might be a Marshall or Olivier question.
      • Suiko Takahara's picture
        Left by Suiko Takahara, on Feb 23, 2010 - 7:07
        Ahaha, i should've been more specific.

After converting the files which are meant to be uploaded to Bandcamp, i find that it is almost impossible to edit the song information.

Is that, normal?
  • hey now...
    Left by Rick Lindemann, on Feb 22, 2010 - 21:39
    thanks for adding me as a friend.. i read your blog, and i'm always looking for an opinionated review as long as its honest. i hope you get to check out some of my music, i'd love to hear your feedback.. just if its nasty send it to me privately instead of all over my wall..ha ha
  • Jordan Reyne
    Left by Unregistered User, on Feb 20, 2010 - 14:58
    Jordan Reyne = THE find!

FAWM is coming to an end; I created 14 songs in 14 days. I'm back on Uvumi, and even started my band page here. I see I have a lot to catch up on! Found a lot of good stuff in your favorites list, as always ;-)
    • MusicMissionary's picture
      Yep, no doubt about it
      Left by MusicMissionary, on Feb 20, 2010 - 15:27
      Jordan is a huge favorite of mine and has been since I found her on the other site.
  • Thanks MM!
    Left by Jon Hecox, on Feb 20, 2010 - 12:31
    Hey - thanks so much for the kind comment, and I'm really happy that Sunrise was enjoyable for ya!

That song has some personal significance to me because it's what got me back into recording. It was written and recorded in one night (not that writing a 2-chord song in one night is hard lol).

Thanks again, that made my day!
    Take care now. Jon
  • Left by sunslide, on Feb 18, 2010 - 6:16
    Hello again- I would like to audition for your sofa - actually your playlist too ! You manage a great selection. all best
  • WeekendGamer's picture