• Last update: Jun 28, 2010 - 6:09

ReportMary at MidnightMary at Midnight

Maryatmidnight's picture
  • Founded: February 2009
  • Location: London, United Kingdom

Members

• midnightK

Somewhere in between day and night comes Mary at Midnight.

A little bit Indian, a little bit English, Mary at Midnight couples live instruments with dreamy sampled beats, blending them with words often born from the chromosomes of too little sleep and an over-active imagination.

The odd tabla beat or harmonium drone is wrapped up in a comforting blanket of satisfying electro beats and ethereal vocals.

Influenced by previous musical projects within a wide range of genres, from intimate folk to a bit of the louder stuff, Mary at Midnight draws many references but maintains very much her own sound.

Currently writing tracks with Talvin Singh, and plotting the first few gigs with the live band, Mary at Midnight will very soon be floating around the ether somewhere between daytime and the magic that only the depths of a dark night can provide.

Words by Sonia Zhuravlyova

• Mary at Midnight Mary at Midnight
  • Mary at Midnight Mary at Midnight
  • Mary at Midnight Mary at Midnight
  • Mary at Midnight Mary at Midnight

• Sally's picture
    Left by Sally, on Feb 21, 2010 - 8:54
    Right! I'm reduced to begging now, coz my iPod seriously craves Strawberries and Cream! Please!?!

BTW found the Kiran album and loooooove it!!
    • midnightK's picture
      Left by midnightK, on Feb 21, 2010 - 9:01
      Thanks Sally, glad you found and liked the other stuff. I'm having a think at the moment of the best way to get S and C and a few other songs online for people to download..

I think I may do a one-day special where you guys can get it for free or something.. will let you know as soon as I figure it out!
      • Sally's picture
        Left by Sally, on Feb 21, 2010 - 9:39
        oh okies!!! thanks!! I'll tell my pod to be patient :D
      • PaulNZ's picture
        Left by PaulNZ, on Feb 21, 2010 - 12:55
        Bandcamp seems a good way of distributing (selling) music, and you can offer songs for free (or a donation from $0!) as well!

A couple of artists I've bought music from on Bandcamp are a few artists Brian Hazard/Color Theory, Rain Rain (so you can see their sites in action).

Anyways, enjoying your music, and hope to show that with some $$$ sometime soon :)
  • woodjean's picture
    Glad!
    Left by woodjean, on Feb 20, 2010 - 5:53
    Glad to find you here. Your music is great.
  • crabbist's picture
    Oh, Darlin’
    Left by crabbist, on Feb 20, 2010 - 2:02
    Now that you are here, I will make an extra effort to have the player work better for me. My cpu experiences sound drops only on this site. Therefore, I am not on as much as I would like to be. I have a few ideas on how to fix the problem, but haven’t had the time to pursue them. Now, I will make the time.
    • midnightK's picture
      Left by midnightK, on Feb 21, 2010 - 8:58
      I'm honoured.. it's great to be here at last and I'll be putting more stuff up soon! Closest thing to t61 I have found so far..
  • KWeinberg's picture
    Welcome
    Left by KWeinberg, on Feb 19, 2010 - 14:55
    So glad to see you here!
  • Chas Connolly's picture
    Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!
    Left by Chas Connolly, on Feb 19, 2010 - 12:08
    Brilliant that you've made it over here!!

You can also join one of the bands we have here while the amazingly friendly and helpful owners are working on groups.

Just leave a messsage on the group wall when you upload a new song.

That said, most of us check for new uploads and they're really easy to find here:-)
  • midnightK's picture
    Help needed!
    Left by midnightK, on Feb 19, 2010 - 8:33
    If anyone has any handy hints for a newbie on this site, they'd be most welcome. Just general stuff like what is the best way to let people know of new tracks and events? Is the blog a good way to go? Mind you, you lot are pretty on it so I guess you'll find my stuff..

Strawberries and Cream is coming soon!
    • hdsander's picture
      Left by hdsander, on Feb 19, 2010 - 8:59
      We'll spread the word of your arrival!

Everyone who attached as a fan to your profile gets daily updates via email from Uvumi listing new songs, events, etc. of their favorites.

Add Events from "Manage Profile"->"Events"
  • zenfira's picture
    WoooooooooooooT!
    Left by zenfira, on Feb 19, 2010 - 7:11
    Welcome!! Great to see you here! *does happy dance*
  • ThomasAD3's picture
    WOW!
    Left by ThomasAD3, on Feb 19, 2010 - 6:50
    Am I glad to see you here at Uvumi! Your music is totally amazing!
  • Enigmattack's picture
    Welcome
    Left by Enigmattack, on Feb 19, 2010 - 6:26
    Sogreat to find your so emotionaly deep songs and voice here !!
  • midnightK's picture
    HELLO!
    Left by midnightK, on Feb 19, 2010 - 5:14
    Hi guys, so lovely to see you all!! You may have noticed there's a new tune up here called "Frail Hearts". Hope you enjoy..

I'll put up some of the acoustic tracks soon too, and have a dig around the dusty archives for another treat or two!

Hope you've all been well and I'm really happy to see you all again :)

Kiran (Mary) x
    • hdsander's picture
      Recommending another site...
      Left by hdsander, on Feb 19, 2010 - 5:31
      Please consider to submit your wonderful music as also to www.KGRL.fm

It's a female artists only internet radio playing a great line-up of indie artists.
  • «  1  2  3  4  »