• Last update: Jun 28, 2010 - 6:09

ReportMary at MidnightMary at Midnight

Maryatmidnight's picture
  • Founded: February 2009
  • Location: London, United Kingdom

Members

• midnightK

Somewhere in between day and night comes Mary at Midnight.

A little bit Indian, a little bit English, Mary at Midnight couples live instruments with dreamy sampled beats, blending them with words often born from the chromosomes of too little sleep and an over-active imagination.

The odd tabla beat or harmonium drone is wrapped up in a comforting blanket of satisfying electro beats and ethereal vocals.

Influenced by previous musical projects within a wide range of genres, from intimate folk to a bit of the louder stuff, Mary at Midnight draws many references but maintains very much her own sound.

Currently writing tracks with Talvin Singh, and plotting the first few gigs with the live band, Mary at Midnight will very soon be floating around the ether somewhere between daytime and the magic that only the depths of a dark night can provide.

Words by Sonia Zhuravlyova

• Mary at Midnight Mary at Midnight
  • Mary at Midnight Mary at Midnight
  • Mary at Midnight Mary at Midnight
  • Mary at Midnight Mary at Midnight

• zenfira's picture
    Strawberries and Cream
    Left by zenfira, on Mar 12, 2010 - 4:14
    I love that song! Unfortunately I missed the free download. Stupid me :(
    Well I am happy I can listen to it here :)
    You rock!
  • midnightK's picture
    Download now!
    Left by midnightK, on Mar 8, 2010 - 13:45
    "Strawberries and Cream" is available for download for a limited time only... GRAB IT NOW :)
  • Left by Rafael, on Mar 1, 2010 - 17:04
    Hey hope everything is well with you. I like to remember how magic it was to find your music on the other site while it still was about new music. But I'm glad to say the magic isn't gone, and every time I listen your music it sounds more and more clear to me how true this equation is: music = magic. No one will ever be able to unbalance it, because it is what it is, and there's no way you can ever find the algorithm to the greatest song without realizing that first. :)
    • pidderpat's picture
      What rafe said.
      Left by pidderpat, on Mar 2, 2010 - 12:49
      He's way more eloquent, so I'll just say ditto. And well said, rafael.
      • midnightK's picture
        Left by midnightK, on Mar 4, 2010 - 17:31
        Well I say thank you to both of you, from the bottom of my heart. You are both magical souls indeed.
  • Good compositions
    Left by Michael Lynn, on Feb 24, 2010 - 18:55
    This is great music. Really enjoyable.
    Cheers,

Mike
  • Welcome!
    Left by amandacottreau, on Feb 22, 2010 - 13:57
    Oh my gosh, I absolutely love your music. Strawberries and Cream is a marvellous delight. Looking forward to discovering more.

Amanda
  • al right
    Left by SilentK, on Feb 22, 2010 - 10:42
    great to have you here! queuing up your songs now...
  • Chas Connolly's picture
    What could be better...
    Left by Chas Connolly, on Feb 22, 2010 - 7:14
    ...in the middle of winter, with freezing rain pouring down outside than ... Strawberries and Cream. Thanks!!
    • midnightK's picture
      Left by midnightK, on Feb 22, 2010 - 11:26
      My sentiments exactly!!

Weather is all in the mind :)
  • FuzzyOrangeBug's picture
    Left by FuzzyOrangeBug, on Feb 21, 2010 - 11:47
    I didn't get a chance to support you over at T61, but having heard you now here, I can see what I was missing. Glad to have stumbled upon you here and I look forward to hearing more.
  • Left by worldblee, on Feb 21, 2010 - 11:10
    I can hear you now, with you now.
  • Left by Rafael, on Feb 21, 2010 - 10:58
    Just took the time to listen the songs!! love love love!!! :) sorry for taking so long, I've got some really busy time lately. Thanks once again for bringing the music to our new home! :)
    • midnightK's picture
      Left by midnightK, on Feb 22, 2010 - 4:42
      Thanks Rafael, I know how it is to be busy!! Glad you made it over for a listen though..more tunes coming soon!
  • «  1  2  3  4  »