• Last update: Sep 6, 2013 - 9:40

• Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
  • Label: stiffed again records

Members

• Holly D's

"Original Whine Free Pop" - SCHMIDT

"This release is a musical treat" - ROSS

"if you've ever said to yourself that there's nothing
interesting on the radio, tune into Hollywood Drunks." - KENTON TIMES

After completely losing his dead dry hair by 17, Eric Winzenried realized at a young age that life has a way of forcing its stereotypical imprint on the soul. Since then, writing and recording music has been a way for him to forget the various bad hairstyles he attempted throughout the 90's (for instance, the infamous bald guy with pony tail look). He's had the privilege of working many exciting shitty jobs. From office supplies replenisher to food delivery specialist, from wrangler of the mentally ill to naked guy in plays, all his experiences have influenced the eclectic nature of his music. But it wasn't until he found himself divorced at 28, displaced, and sharing a tiny studio apartment with giant sized cockroaches that he finally found his voice as a singer-songwriter.

Self-depracating humor, sarcasm, and their not-so-distant cousin, anger, are a common link throughout both their albums
HOORAY!! and SWELL. Songs such as "You Can't Stay at My Apartment" which deals with the psycho uninvited house guest who never leaves and "Therapy" which tells the charming story of a crystal meth smoking ex-girlfriend are examples of Winzenried's lyrical style. The music itself is a synthesis of different genres including hip hop, pop, rock, glam, reggae, and alternative. However, they all share the same message: if you are able to laugh at the humorous fragile nature of life, you'll stop viewing yourself as a victim and take back the controls.

Around L.A., this group of alcoholic misfits are also know as The Hollywood Drunks, especially since the name Winzenried is too hard to spell, pronounce, or even look at without becoming completely exhausted. In hindsight, they realize now that it was a bad name choice but alas they are stuck with it like an old cold sore that never leaves, thus, the entirely not subtle name change to Winzenried aka Hollywood Drunks. They've just finished their brand new single, "REAL ESTATE", just in time for the 2010 foreclosures.

• 138548 138548
  • hollywooddrunksxmas hollywooddrunksxmas
  • hooray hooray
  • Hollywood Drunks Hollywood Drunks

• ctull13's picture
    done...
    Left by ctull13, on Jan 29, 2010 - 8:07
    ... and done! :)
  • squeakyfingers's picture
    Left by squeakyfingers, on Jan 28, 2010 - 20:03
    your from NW Ohio originally, so i can forgive the extra work it required to be a fan of your Uvumi account.

cheers!
  • Left by worldblee, on Jan 28, 2010 - 15:38
    I like bands that make you work a little bit to be a fan. No prob that you deleted the profile the first time. Just makes you cooler, right? Gotta live up to your name.
    • Holly D's's picture
      Left by Holly D's, on Jan 28, 2010 - 15:56
      I wish I was drunk to explain my lack of technical skill. Although, I think I might have been a little high. So that explains it. peace,HD's
  • cr's picture
    Welcome
    Left by cr, on Jan 27, 2010 - 17:03
    Glad to see you guys here
    • Holly D's's picture
      Hey cr
      Left by Holly D's, on Jan 27, 2010 - 20:48
      Thanks. Great to see you as well. I'm just starting on this site.
      Have you mastered it yet? I'm getting there. Hope all is well. peace,HD's
  • Chas Connolly's picture
    Welcome again?
    Left by Chas Connolly, on Jan 27, 2010 - 12:06
    Great to see you here ... again, or was I imagining your arrival yesterday after a few too many?

Whatever, welcome back!
    • Holly D's's picture
      I'm a moron
      Left by Holly D's, on Jan 27, 2010 - 12:09
      Hey Chas,
      I set up my account wrong apparently. I put my band as the profile as opposed to profile then setting up the band. Should have had bourbon last night instead I had wine and look at the trouble. peace,HD's
  • pablotee's picture
    technicolor yawn
    Left by pablotee, on Jan 27, 2010 - 10:55
    we may have mutual friends in l.a.
    • Holly D's's picture
      Hey pablotee
      Left by Holly D's, on Jan 27, 2010 - 11:34
      Great to see you here. Are you liking this site?
      I was just hanging with a friend of mine from Vancouver the other day. peace, HD's
  • «  1  2  3