• Last update: Sep 6, 2013 - 9:40

• Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
  • Label: stiffed again records

Members

• Holly D's

"Original Whine Free Pop" - SCHMIDT

"This release is a musical treat" - ROSS

"if you've ever said to yourself that there's nothing
interesting on the radio, tune into Hollywood Drunks." - KENTON TIMES

After completely losing his dead dry hair by 17, Eric Winzenried realized at a young age that life has a way of forcing its stereotypical imprint on the soul. Since then, writing and recording music has been a way for him to forget the various bad hairstyles he attempted throughout the 90's (for instance, the infamous bald guy with pony tail look). He's had the privilege of working many exciting shitty jobs. From office supplies replenisher to food delivery specialist, from wrangler of the mentally ill to naked guy in plays, all his experiences have influenced the eclectic nature of his music. But it wasn't until he found himself divorced at 28, displaced, and sharing a tiny studio apartment with giant sized cockroaches that he finally found his voice as a singer-songwriter.

Self-depracating humor, sarcasm, and their not-so-distant cousin, anger, are a common link throughout both their albums
HOORAY!! and SWELL. Songs such as "You Can't Stay at My Apartment" which deals with the psycho uninvited house guest who never leaves and "Therapy" which tells the charming story of a crystal meth smoking ex-girlfriend are examples of Winzenried's lyrical style. The music itself is a synthesis of different genres including hip hop, pop, rock, glam, reggae, and alternative. However, they all share the same message: if you are able to laugh at the humorous fragile nature of life, you'll stop viewing yourself as a victim and take back the controls.

Around L.A., this group of alcoholic misfits are also know as The Hollywood Drunks, especially since the name Winzenried is too hard to spell, pronounce, or even look at without becoming completely exhausted. In hindsight, they realize now that it was a bad name choice but alas they are stuck with it like an old cold sore that never leaves, thus, the entirely not subtle name change to Winzenried aka Hollywood Drunks. They've just finished their brand new single, "REAL ESTATE", just in time for the 2010 foreclosures.

• swell2 swell2
  • hollywooddrunksxmas hollywooddrunksxmas
  • 138548 138548
  • My Dad's A Punk My Dad's A Punk

• woodjean's picture
    Left by woodjean, on Feb 22, 2010 - 9:23
    Great music!
  • Saturday therapy
    Left by stone, on Feb 20, 2010 - 10:06
    Hi Holly D's , I needed some musictherapy and got it here, before a couple of beers tonight. Have a great weekend!
    /Stone
  • Tammy's picture
    Left by Tammy, on Feb 18, 2010 - 6:12
    sesame street!! :D
  • Chas Connolly's picture
    Sometimes ...
    Left by Chas Connolly, on Feb 15, 2010 - 11:52
    ... Looking Backwards is cool. Certainly is in this case:-)
    • Holly D's's picture
      My Brain
      Left by Holly D's, on Feb 17, 2010 - 8:49
      has been so rattled by time and mind altering substances that I have to look backwards everyday to remember where I put my keys, wallet,and sometimes my pants. Hope all is well and that your brain is still somewhat pieced together nicely. peace.HD's
  • woodjean's picture
    I like it!
    Left by woodjean, on Feb 15, 2010 - 9:33
    I needed some Therapy today. It's very good.
  • Therapy
    Left by Unregistered User, on Feb 13, 2010 - 6:04
    I really liked Therapy - the song that is...

I thought Escape Route 36's Chainlink Fence was unusual as a song about therapy, but there you go!

Love the funk guys. Really nice production.
    • Holly D's's picture
      Thanks
      Left by Holly D's, on Feb 14, 2010 - 11:29
      Hey Toby,
      Thanks for the nice comment. So glad you liked "Therapy". Really like the band you manage Escape Route 36. very talented. good song. Looks like a good group of young kids. Have a nice v-day. And thanks again for giving our music a listen. peace, Hollywood Drunks
      • Streaming
        Left by Unregistered User, on Feb 15, 2010 - 3:26
        Thanks Holly D's!

I like your web site too and I've checked out the sitezoogle thing. I particularly liked the media player at bottom of the screen.

I note from Marshall's blog that streaming here at Uvumi is at 96kbps so isn't quite as clear as it would be at higher quality which it obviously is on your site.

For ER36 we use the Tunecore player on http://www.er36.com which is noticebly better quality too, so you can hear some more of our Brit-teen funk if you have a mo!

Best wishes
        Toby
  • Chas Connolly's picture
    Left by Chas Connolly, on Feb 12, 2010 - 15:52
    How did you know I needed Therapy?
    • Holly D's's picture
      Left by Holly D's, on Feb 12, 2010 - 19:33
      Hey Chas,

Just knew that it was the right time. It was some
      sort of 6th sense and copious amounts of booze and vicodin. Hope you're doing well. peace,HD's
  • Enigmattack's picture
    Hey
    Left by Enigmattack, on Feb 3, 2010 - 20:34
    Still living at Sesame Street but don't remember road N°, will visit.. Great to find my way here !!!!
  • Rain's picture
    Left by Rain, on Jan 30, 2010 - 19:42
    hey, so good to see you here! Hope you are settling in ok! I'm still exploring the site a bit! BTW I coming to stay at your apartment this weekend :P
    Such a great song!
  • CoffeeBuzz's picture
    Hey there
    Left by CoffeeBuzz, on Jan 29, 2010 - 14:24
    Checking out your HD "Hooray" album cover. Too funny...
    • Holly D's's picture
      It's true
      Left by Holly D's, on Jan 29, 2010 - 15:53
      Glad you like the album cover. That kind of stuff happens in Ohio all the time. That's my cousin and his bride my fourth cousin in that shot. And my uncle is holding the gun.
  • «  1  2  3  »