* NEW BAND *
Aside from my solo music project, Steve Perron and I have formed a new band called STAIRWELL LEO. A new site as well as a number of new songs are in the works. Currently, STAIRWELL LEO is hosting Thursday Night Happy Hour at D'Arcy McGee's 6:30-10:00pm out in Bells Corners (Moodie & Robertson) every week for the next four months. Good thing we purchased that PA system when we did. : )
1. Finish production and begin distribution of the album "Universe in a Soft Shell."
2. Start promotion of the album with an East Coast tour.
3. Enter the Canadian Folk Festival scene.
4. Continue to strengthen ties with distant family members.
5. Continue to support local charities and artists
6. Continue to build relationships with members of my immediate community.
7. Complete the P90X series and get in the best shape of my life - ripped baby!
8. Write at least 10 new songs.
9. Collaborate with other musicians around the globe.
10. Live in the moment as much as possible and just breathe!
Sat Feb 20 10 09:00 PM | Ottawa, ON CA
Venue: Daniel O'Connell Pub
Address: Wellington Street, Between Parkdale and Holland, Ottawa, ON, CA
Details: Musk Ox will be opening for Steve Perron and I
Sat Mar 06 10 09:00 PM | Constance Bay, ON CA
Venue: The Point
Address: Constance Bay, Constance Bay, ON, CA
Details: 346 Bayview Drive
Sat Mar 20 10 08:00 PM | Ottawa, ON CA
Venue: Avant-Garde Bar & Gift Shop
Address: 135½ Besserer St., Ottawa, ON, K1N 6A7, CA
Details: Avant-Garde Bar is a combination of Soviet constructivism and contemporary Western life; as unique and diverse as the musicians it showcases.
8:30pm Jean-Paul De Roover
With an innovative approach to music, Jean-Paul is much more than a solo artist. Accompanied by live looping, guitars and a voice used as an instrument, this ‘sonic architect’ builds his songs from foundation to facade before your very eyes. Beginning with dead silence, his performance could lead anywhere: full a capella harmonies, rhythmic tribal beats, noise-layered worlds of ambient rock, campfire-folk, electro-ballads and anything in between. With lyrical content that can be brutally honest, or lovingly truthful, one thing is certain: the originality and creativity of his timeless performances shines through to every listener.
9:30pm - Steve Perron
Best known for his eclectic acoustic interpretations, this self-taught
Ottawa native delivers a truly gripping performance. His precision
playing teamed with a vocal breath of raw, rugged fire commands the
attention of even the most discerning audiences.
10:30pm Amanda Cottreau
This authentic, multi-dimensional singer/songwriter will undoubtedly
leave an impression. She has a sincerity rarely heard in today’s
folk/dream/acoustic content. Her thoughtful phrasing and subtle guitar
playing cause one to take pause. Her unconventional melodies and innate vocals have been deemed “achingly gorgeous, organically chilling and soulful.”